Thursday, July 10, 2008

The view out the windows

for the past week has been somewhat limited (or expanded depending on point of view) due to the joyousness of having the house painted. The limitation is because there is brown paper and masking tape over all the windows prior to spraying - I feel like the inside of a parcel. The expansion is due to the eye candy that is the painter who has no fear of heights which is a good thing given the design of this house. The Sr Boy was the same: he actually constructed and used a 10 foot bolt-on addition to our extension ladder so he could deal with the house. The Juniors seem to have acquired the appropriate gene for ladders and it sure wasn't from me. I don't do heights on wiggly ladders. Heights on solid ground? Yes. Heights that sway? No. Thus, the painter. I could have done it but the colour would have been emesis rather than the lovely one it is and I would still be on wall #1. This guy will be done by next week.

For those who are colour adamant: it's green. With cream trim.

In knitting news: this skirt and this yarn in colour Foggy. At the moment, the skirt looks sort like an old kersey jacket (or elderly Stanfields) but I am assured that ferocious blocking will improve things. Next time I use this yarn, I will give the skeins a soak/conditioner treatment before winding it off in 'opes of avoiding giving myself knitters' elbow trying to get the project done before The Next Adventure. The big question is, "Will it be finished by Sunday morning?" Stay tuned.

The inertia of the last several months is slowly lifting and there are small movements forward: more piano practice, more bags of someone-else-will-want-this going out the door, tiny corners of order created. The shredder is my new favourite tool. Along with the skill saw which I learned to use when my father was last here and which is still on the kitchen floor. Guess that's the next corner of order.

Still breathing.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home