Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Aggravated...

This may be a big surprise: I don't do change very well, especially change that is mixed up with stuff I think I "ought" to know/understand. As in: changing this blog b/c someone somewhere decided that Gargle should be running my perfectly happy little BlaggerBlog. Before you all get shirty with me, I am sure that this must be all for the good but would someone please explain to me why my email address is now the sign-in and sits at the top of this page so any dorkus walking past (in my family room this is not a big issue but...) can see, read, memorize, and email me more crap than I'm already getting??? There is NO paranoia in my mind whatsoever, just irritation that something that worked fine for me has to be changed because it wasn't ________ enough for some nerdniks somewhere. I wonder if they are the same people who invented airbags (which are more likely to kill or maim women and children) because stupidstubbornyoungmostlyamericanmales wouldn't do up their seatbelts and the gummint doesn't believe in survival of the fittest or smartest?

I liked my old sign-in. It was mine - I invented it, I was the only person who used it and now I've got something that is convenient and generic. Faugh!!! I will have to figure out how to change it and this from one who usually uses a fountain pen.

Further aggravation: The Reno Guys have been out of the house for a few days but they are not finished. Everyone who has done renos says this is normal. The plumbing supply company hasn't supplied the supplies so the plumber hasn't come back, the electrician hasn't come to figure out why the floor isn't heating, the tilesetter is due for a one hour sort out but I'm not sure if he will have to come back after the plumber, the painter forgot to paint the pocket door. I am still sleeping in the basement. I figure I'll get my room back in time for the heat of July.

More aggravation: Still getting bills from Reno. How on earth do people who don't have the time to chase IckyBicky and all the assorted others manage??? This being a widow by accident is damnear a full-time job and it's not one I would recommend to anyone. No job description, lousy hours, no possibility of promotion, remuneration squabbled about at every turn. Grrrrr...

In better news, The Jr Boy et moi resurrected the Toyota from the gully and are waiting for the insurance company's computers to come back on so we can run Blue Trout legally instead of the "borrow the licence plate" style of former days. We both felt a bit odd after our success - a sense of one more thing that The Sr Boy used to do that we have taken on and, as with his shoes that we wear to shuffle out the compost and garbage, the fit is awkward and unwanted.

The Paperwhites planted on Saturday are greening already.

Still breathing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home