Monday, May 01, 2006

So much for the tulips...

Today being (a) a Monday and (b) the first of May, I decided to go for a run. Gear on and out the door by 0650 (yeah, I was some surprised myself!), I was semi-loping out the driveway when my morning eyes were caught by an absence.

The tulips.

The lovely red with yellow stripe tulips.

The ones that were there last night before bed, all fifteen of them in their perfectly setting-off swath of grape hyacinths.

Now mostly, I am willing to live and let live around here especially as the DeveloperFromHell is clearcutting and blasting everything that used to be pine woodland and building the same gazousand dollar tickytackies overandoverandover. We have bears wander through the gully and each summer at least one skunk trails its perfume. The raccoons think the compost pile is their local salad bar and no longer use the fountain for washing stuff now that we have artistically arranged chicken wire all over it.

But somewhere in this neighbourhood there is a deer with tulip breath.

And it will be better if I don't find out which one it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home