Tuesday, March 21, 2006

For Shannon...

because you said you missed it when I stopped.

I didn't intend to stop - it just sort of happened. The trip was over, the ordinariness of being home pushed forward and there seemed to be nothing of note to say. I mean, what in KelownaBC can compare with pain chocolat gondola rides and overnight trainridesfromHades?? So, I came home, got back into my little life rut and thought I had nothing to say.

Which isn't exactly the truth.

I seem to have lots to say but it might not be for blogsumption. Some of it involves other people (better keep those ones in the paper journal) and some of it involves bad language. But, because you said, here is what I am thinking/doing today.

It's the first day of Spring which means the first day of Autumn in the southern hemisphere. We are used to gearing up for Easter during the lengthening days and it took my trip to New Zealand to give another point of view. How if we had to celebrate Easter going down into the dark? And Christmas as the light? Would it have changed the interpretation of scripture? Would incarnation have a stronger position than resurrection?

It's the first day of Spring and it is still damcold and I am grumpy. I spent a week on The Island and the croci and daffs and snowdrops and hellebores were all blooming and I got to go about with the bone meal and the rhododendron food and feel all gardenerish. I even took my NZ wellies and wore them against the rain showers. I weeded. Weeding here will be done with a flame-thrower to thaw the ground. And then boobytraps to get the dislocated deer (thank you local scumbag developers who completely strip away the bush and blow up perfectly interesting rock faces and generally mess with the local wildlife population) off the intended vegetable garden. (I am SUCH a dreamer: first it will be digging out the firtree roots and then it will be remaking the boxes and then it will be planting and maybe some growing and THEN every deer in WKE will be over for JoanAndTim's Salad Bar!) So far, the tulips are taking a real chewing and I'm afraid to look closely at the lilac bushes. Sigh. As long as they stay off the deck. Moses-the-cat is freaked out enough as it is!

It's the first day of Spring and T is home and making dinner. He finished school and has to do another 6 months slave labour to get his ticket. He has been filling in time working for local theatre companies and sleeping. Her Nibs is back in the Falklands after 2 "interesting" charter trips. She is planning to go to France in May. I am trying not to be greenish with envy.

It's the first day of Spring so I have started writing in this blog again. It's not Wednesday, it's not One O'clock but here I am. Let's see where this goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home