Saturday, September 03, 2005

drunk packing

is what my darling daughter offered me - we all help in whatever ways we can, eh? Fortunately, it is earlyish and we are both more into tea right now so I should end up with a semi-practical wardrobe in my new wheeled-carry-on-backpack (thank you, Poppa).

The Sr Boy is s'sposed to be in the UK as I type - waiting for email/phone confirmation of that supposition. After his last two trips with only carry-on luggage, it was a bit of a shock to see him leave yesterday with a set of fold-up wheels and two enormous checked bags. Hope his pick-up in London is driving and not riding.

Inquiring Minds want to know: where are you going? I forgot that some of you might not live in this house and so might not be cognisant of our every thought and plan. It's a long story but the abridged version is: Himself, together with three other nutbars, is riding from the UK to Cairo and back again pausing on the way for a visit with Herself (that would be Moi) in northern Italy where I am headed tomorrow. (panicked breathing ensues) Whilst the m/c adventurers are adventuring, I am spending time in France, Italy, Switzerland, more France and the UK. We should be home by the end of November. Yes, it will probably cost us a fortune. (sorry about the inheritance, children) Yes, we are going in the fall when the weather DEteriorates rather than IMproves (we know that, we know that). Yes, we are acting like adolescents (we didn't when we were, so there!).

BUT.........

It has come to our attention that this life is not a rehearsal. We do not get do-overs - even the playground ones we thought identical were not given the turning of the earth. It is time for some new and broadening experiences (thank you, children!)

This time tomorrow, I will be packed and rtg (or at least close!) My Italian and French phrase books are in my (new) daybag (thank you, again, Poppa). Let the wild rumpus begin!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!! This will be spectacular and frustrating and everything in between. Blessings to you both.

Julie

10:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home