Friday, August 12, 2005

(slightly) sleep deprived...

It's (relatively) early - early as in: for the past several nights there has been minimal restful sleep and last night was supposed to be catch-up night but I got caught by the glorious silence of an empty house and puttered and THEN we had sirens at the usual 0530 for whatever rescue was being attempted. (Thank you firefighters, Thank you ambulance attendants, Thank you police officers and I mean it) I'm actually doing not too badly on less than 4 hours (I know for some that is more than you get in a week total but this is not about you...) but had a small pair of moments just now.

I am awake, dressed and rtg b/c I booked a mammogram for this morning. Who in their right mind thinks about m'grams when La Grande Aventure is looming?? (well, I DID book it a couple of months ago and this was the first available date) But what? They're going to chase me down in the Wilds of Europe to say either "ok" or "come back immediately" which I won't do anyway? I coulda used the sleep or the time to do other fun stuff like laundry. Or trips to the dump...

The other thing was misreading the calendar. Thought I had only 2 weeks and 2 days and was starting to get a titch anxious - I still need shoes and trousers, oh! and maybe a bag to pack them in as I don't think plastic grocery bags will do for LGA. Turns out I have 3 weeks and 2 days. LOTS of time....

Oh, and MF Jo who was visiting was NO help at all: she showed me how I could have come home on a "re-positioning cruise" (it's not what you think!!) and now I am trying to figure out if I should dump the return half of my airfare and come home by cruise ship. Let's see: squished into economy for a zillion hours or 17 days from Rome in my own cabin. Hmmmm....

Breathing in and out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home